TO: All Hidden Ridge Owners
FROM: Jim Lincoln-President Hidden Ridge RCA
DATE: August 1st, 2019
SUBJECT : SUMMER 2019 Newsletter
Half the season gone already, but despite the weather it has been a good season at Hidden Ridge. I hope all of you have been able to enjoy our corner of the “Door”.
We just held our annual owners picnic and over a 100 people came out on a very warm and humid Saturday to enjoy meeting and being together. A huge thank you to Phyllis Daniels and her picnic volunteer crew for all of the preparations and work to make the picnic come off so well. And thank you to Herb and Mike for their musical entertainment.
We also held our annual owners meeting on June 20th and had close to 80 owners in attendance and 150 plus with proxies. The Board of Directors remained the same with the exception of Jim Sawyer replacing Cheryl Brady. A vote of strong gratitude to her for the many years she has served on the Board. She will continue to be active in helping the association. Thank you, Cheryl! Officers will remain the same for this coming year with Joe Bartolone as Secretary, Linda Wilson as treasurer and Jim Grondin as Vice President. Ron Heim, Jim Andres and Jim Sawyer will serve as Board Members. Our annual association fees will remain at $950.00 for the 2019/2020 fiscal year.
Now for some updates on Association and board business and actions:
- Thanks to the “mulch landscape” volunteers for all the work at the front entrance and the clubhouse. I think you agree that both areas look much better after their efforts. There is a new Landscape Committee that tries to get together on Mondays at 10 AM to do maintenance and small projects. Please volunteer!
- A reminder that we need all owners with golf carts to PLEASE fill out and turn in a Golf Cart/ATV registration form available at the clubhouse or on line at the HR Website. Even if you have registered in the past, we need everyone to complete and sign the new form and get it on record.
- The BOD has awarded the contract for the pool deck resurfacing to be done in January or February of 2020 to Protective Coating Specialists of Appleton. We will also be refinishing and varnishing the walls of the pool room during the winter shutdown. Actual dates have not been set yet, but we will advise of those dates well in advance.
- Our propane contract for 2019/2020 heating season has been renewed with Door County COOP at 6 cents per gallon less than last year.
- We have contracted with Culligan for replacement and upgrading of the Hill Well controllers which are well beyond there useful life. This should be completed by September 15th.
The drinking fountain in the pool room is going to be replaced by Eagle Mechanical, also by September 15th. The current one has quit cooling water and is badly rusted.
- A new door knob has been installed on front door to clubhouse.
- Ron Heim, Jim Andres and myself have begun a contract review and rewrite with Hill Maintenance. This is being discussed as two separate contracts, one for the maintenance and a second for a possible contract for a part time park manager. Hopefully we can complete this process by the end of the season and have an updated maintenance contract and an outline for possible park manager for next year. The next meeting with John Hill is scheduled for mid August.
- A reminder of the Park Rummage Sale date of Saturday August 31st of Labor Day Weekend. We will have a dumpster at the clubhouse for disposal of household items not sold or traded in the rummage sale. Remember that this dumpster is NOT for electronics, construction debris, grills, small appliances or any items on the list at the gate to the garbage are. ONLY large furniture and household items.
- Door Guard Security is hoping to have the cameras installed and working at the front gate by the end of August. They have had issues with the wireless transmission to the clubhouse because of the dense leaf and tree undergrowth.
- Despite losing some long time residents, sales of units have been strong this season. Joe Bartolone has reported 13 sales since January 1st.
- A reminder on some pool rules to please abide by. First you must shower before using the pool or hot tub and second please dry off and change out of swimming suits before going in to the community room or sitting on any of the sofas or chairs. The floor can become very slippery with water when you leave the pool and we have had a couple of occasions of the sofas being wet.
I hope everyone has a great summer and fall at Hidden Ridge. As always do not hesitate to contact me with questions or issues. And all owners are encouraged to attend our BOD meetings. Our next one is Saturday, August 17th at the Clubhouse.
President- Hidden Ridge RCA
Cell – 224-406-6326
Email – email@example.com