TO: All Hidden Ridge Owners
FROM: Jim Lincoln – HR BOD President
DATE: May 21, 2019
SUBJECT: Spring 2019 Newsletter – Hidden Ridge Condo Owners Association
Wow, less than a week to Memorial Day – although May weather here at Hidden Ridge has not been typical – as in cold and damp. I hope everyone is ready for another “season”. And by all means stop by and say hello. Here is a recap of the park opening this spring.
- After considerable ice damage in the clubhouse from the ice dams, our insurance claim and repairs have been completed. Primarily in the main “community room” all ceiling and drywall repairs have been finished and was reopened in early May. A Big thank you to Board Member Linda Wilson, for taking the lead to deal with insurance adjusters, contractors and suppliers to get this job done in a timely and cost-efficient manner as possible. The total cost of repairs was $12,561.50 with all but $1,758.49 covered by insurance.
- We will be implementing a new registration system for all golf carts in Hidden Ridge early in the spring. You will need to provide proof of insurance and complete an application. Details to follow at the annual meeting.
- A new and updated “Construction Request Form” has been created and approved by the BOD. You can get the form from the HR Website and there are printed copies in the clubhouse. You MUST complete this form, submit to Jim Sawyer for review and then get approval from the board, BEFORE WORK CAN BEGIN!!!
- There is now a separate form created for removal of trees. Again, please use HR Website to print out this form.
- New privacy mesh screening has been ordered to replace all of the screens on the chain link fence around the trash dumpsters. They should arrive by mid-June and I could use a couple of volunteers to help remove the old ones and install the new ones. Please contact me if you can assist?
- I am also looking for a volunteer to take over the monthly collection of aluminum cans and taking them to the recycling center for cash. This helps to defray the cost of the annual picnic. Again, please contact me if you can help on this duty?
- Reminder – Annual meeting – SAVE THE DATE – Saturday, June 22nd _at 9:00 AM. The meeting will be held this year at the Nasewaupee Town Hall at the Northeast corner of Highway C and PD, just across from the airport. You will be receiving an annual meeting notice with this Newsletter mailing along with a self-nomination for one of the 2 open positions on the Board of Directors. If you want to run for the Board, please return this form by Friday, May 31st to be placed on the ballot and proxy for the annual meeting on June 22nd. A second mailing will follow on June 7th with the actual proxy, agenda and documents for the annual meeting. If you are unable to attend the meeting, we MUST have your proxy mailed back to Hidden Ridge for arrival by Thursday, June 20th. It is very important to do this so that we can assure we have the necessary 50% owner forum to conduct the meeting.
- New coin operated washers and dryers are in at the supplier in Green Bay and will be installed hopefully by June 15th. Cost to do a load of wash will be $1.00, down slightly from the current $1.50 per load, and another $1.00 for the dryer.
- The Board wants to STRONGLY SUGGEST that all owners reread our Condominium Declarations, Rules and regulations and take them to heart. There have been enough occasions of not knowing what we have all agreed to and signed off on to indicate that many issues and misunderstandings can be solved by simple knowledge of our common practices.
- Plea for volunteers. As always, we need help. In addition to a recycle person, annual meeting help and labor to put up the new dumpster screening, we need help at the owners’ picnic and numerous other chores and duties. Please fill out a Volunteer Form and turn into any Board member or drop off at the condo office in the clubhouse. I have received a couple so far and will be contacting you shortly.
- The past 12 months have seen a number of sales of units take place and many requests from prospective buyers and realtors. If you are selling your lot, please remember that it is your responsibility to provide the buyer with the HR Condominium documents. The Secretary, currently Joe Bartolone, has all of the required documents as a PDF email file. The buyer will have to sign that he has received and will abide by these rules, declarations, etc. There have been some issues with buyers being unaware of these restrictions and rules and thinking they can do something that is not allowed under our documents. Please make certain your perspective buyer and realtor are aware of our community requirements.
- New security cameras are now installed in the clubhouse and new ones for the entry gate should be installed by mid-June.
- Tree and brush removal have been completed for both of our septic holding tanks. This completes all of the Door County Sanatorium requirements from our inspection last fall.
- DATES TO PUT ON YOUR CALENDAR:
Leaf dumpster to be removed until fall – Tuesday, May 28th.
Next Board Meeting – Sunday June 2nd at 8:30 AM at the clubhouse.
Annual Owners Picnic – Saturday, July 27th
Annual HR Yard/Rummage Sale – Saturday – August 31st (Dumpster for disposal of “junk” will be spotted after Labor Day Weekend, the week of September 2nd.)
As always feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. I look forward to seeing you back in the Park this spring
President – Hidden Ridge Resort Condominium Association
Email – email@example.com
Cell – 224-406-6326